Friday, August 1, 2014

Color changes everything

Today I want to talk to you for a minute about color. I love color. 
I think that is one of the reasons why I do SU. They have amazing colors.
When painting your house, choosing a sweater and making a card, think about color.
I created this simple card using two different color cardstock bases, and I think the switch in color really defines the card as girly or not so girly.
 First I created the background by stamping Smokey Slate on a piece of Natural white cardstock. I then stamped the star-burst from Kinda Eclectic in Mossy Meadow. The sentiment is from What's Up as well as the arrow. The punched arrows are from the What's Up punch. So as you can see the card is almost exactly the same, except the base cardstock. Top is Strawberry Slush.
Bottom is Mossy Meadow. I think the change in the cardstock really impacts the overall feel of the card.
So today's lesson. Think about the base of  your card. It can make a card.

No comments:

Post a Comment