Sunday, April 13, 2014

Case This Sketch & Color Throwdown Challenge - Gift for Baby


Yesterday I decided to combine two of my favorite challenge sites into one card.
The Case this Sketch was this -





The Color Throwdown was this -

Here is what I came up with - 
I used hexagons instead of the squares and flip the card on it's side.
I used an embossing folder after I adhered the hexagons. I then added shading by using some Crumb Cake ink to emphasize the texture. I stamped the lion from the Zoo Babies set with a sentiment that comes with the set.
When I saw the colors of this week's challenge on CTD, I thought baby! 
Well it happens that two ladies at my church are preggers, which means soon I will be having to attend baby showers.
I created both cards yesterday - come back on Tuesday to see the other card I created using the Zoo Babies stamp set.
Stamp Happy!
Annie :)

6 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! Love the embossed background panel. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is fantastic! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever interpretation of the sketch using hexagons! Fabulous baby card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card. I really like the sponging on the letters to highlight the texture detail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute... Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun use of the sketch and love the dry embossing!! Thxs for jkinng us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete