Thursday, August 8, 2013

Manly Birthday Card

Creating a birthday card for men is difficult for me. I never know if the colors are too girly or what to put on the card. Then I saw a card (I can't even remember where so sorry whoever I stole this from) that used Designer Paper and cut them into ties.
The new Sweater Weather Designer Paper in the Holiday catalog was just perfect for this project.
I cut 3/4" strips of paper and used a 1" square punch to cut the ends. Here is the tricky part, you don't put the paper in the conventional way. You put the paper in starting in the punch area to get the cut to be the tie end. The greeting is from Sassy Salutations and I used Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla cardstock, and the ink is Chocolate Chip.
I just happen to know a guy (dad) who's birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks. He doesn't wear ties anymore, but I think he will still love this card.
Stamp Happy!
Annie :)


No comments:

Post a Comment