Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Fall Thank You card using Circle Template (Outside the Template Cutting)

Today I am going to show you a technique called Outside the Template. In order to do this technique you will need dies (thinlits or spellbinder dies). First step is to stamp your image. I did a double stamp using a post-it note mask.


Next grab your die and align where you want the overlap of you focal image and where you what the die to set. Make pencil marks on the edges of where the die will meet your image.
Cut a straight line from the edges of your paper to the pencil lines and cut out your focal image.
Now put the cut are through the die and line back up to cut through the machine.
Here is what it looks like after being cut.
Next I cut a smaller and larger circle. The larger I did in a darker brown. The smaller I did in white and while the ring of the die was still on the circle I took a dauber and some Baked Brown Sugar ink and buffed the edges to create the bold white border. I then stamped the words using markers to create the variegated look.
I layered everything up, used some linen ribbon and attached to a card base, with some patterned paper behind.

You can do this technique with lots of different images. Just let your imagination run wild on this. I would love to see what you create from this tutorial. Post a link in the comments to your blog or email me a picture.
Stamp Happy!
Annie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment