Thursday, April 17, 2014

World Map - Manly Birthday

Making cards for men can be tricky. You have to think of manly colors, themes and no flowers. For me that is usually hard. (I love flowers). So when I saw the world map stamp in the annual catalog, I knew that I could come up with some cool manly cards using it.
I started with a base card of Always Artichoke. I then took a piece of scrap natural and covered it with gesso (canvas primer). Once dried I stamped the world map image in black stazon. I then used crumb cake, soft suede, chocolate chip and always artichoke to smudge the surface to create an old map look. I tore the edges and then used a lighter to burn them.
 
I stamped the True North for the Hello Sailor stamp set on a scrap of natural and smudged too.
The happy birthday was stamped in black stazon direct on the card base.
I created this at church on Saturday, and my Pastor said he wanted it for his birthday, so it passes the man seal of approval!
Stamp Happy
Annie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment