Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Canvas Project

Two months ago hubby and I went on vacation.
We took with us his cousin Jessica and her hubby. It was actually their 20th anniversary vacation, and we tagged along.
Jessica and I are good friends, so it was easy to go on vacation together.

So a cruising we went.
If you have ever been on a cruise, you know that they take about 50 pictures of you and then they try to sell them all to you.
Well they took a good one of Jessica and me, so I did buy it.
It's been sitting in my craft room, and this past weekend I finally grabbed it and got crafty.
 I started with a plain white 6x6 canvas that I purchased at a craft store.
I then covered with a coat of gesso and added pacific point blue with an aqua painter
 I added the photo at an angle, I just thought it looked better that way.
Next I added some lace to two of the sides.
Finally I cut some whitewashed flowers from the Secret Garden set, and some spiral flowers out of fleece and hot glued them onto the canvas. Oh yeah and some strawberry slush cabochons.
I think it turned out lovely! It now is hanging in front of my work space, so I can remember our fun trip together and they day we spent in Key West.
I hope this inspires you to create something today.
Annie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment