Sunday, September 28, 2014

Halloween Witch and Punch Art Card

Today I will share with you a card that I recently made for a swap.
The card swap was for fall themed cards, and since I am working on an upcoming punch art class I decided to create a little punch art card.
First step was creating the cauldron. I used the circle and word window punches.

As you can see I cut the top 1/3 off of the circle to create the top of the pot.
Next I put the cauldron together and created the flames coming out using the orange and white twine in the Holiday mini.
This is a view from the back side.
Next I worked on the card base.
I took a piece of smokey slate and embossed the eyes from the Freaky Friends set in white.
Next I used the dot mask and sponged on some basic grey ink.
Then I began to assemble the card. I stamped the witch image and fussy cut around.
I added a strip of DSP with black border, just to add some contrast to the card.
Here is the final card.
I think it turned out pretty spooky!
Stamp Happy - and be back on Friday for a easy Halloween treat holder!
Annie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment