Saturday, March 15, 2014

Color Throwdown - Pa's Birthday Card

Today is my father-in-law's birthday. We call him "Pa". Whenever I need some help with a project at home, for example installing the new dishwasher, when hubby and I run into problems, we ask Pa for help.
He's a jack of all trades, had many different jobs, and like most fathers, knows everything.
So I figured I needed to make him a card to celebrate his birthday and his handyman know-how.

The colors I selected were based on this week's color throw-down challenge of Certainly Celery, Tangerine Tango and Basic Gray. 

To create the background I used two pieces of metallic heat tape that I had purchased at the hardware store. I put in on a piece of gray cardstock and then ran through the Big Shot using the Hexagon embossing folder. The crescent wrenches are made using the word window, mini flower and 1" circle punches. The handle is a piece of gray 2.5" x 1/2". I used some black stazon ink to add some shading and to stamp the sentiment.
I think he is going to love this card.
Would love to hear your comments!
Annie :)

4 comments:

  1. FABULOUS man card! Pa will love it! Thanks so much for playing the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that metal BG! This is such an awesome masculine card! So happy to that you could join us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the perfect birthday card for a father...especially one who is a handy man!!! I need to case this for my hubby!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great masculine card! I love the wrenches!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete