Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Try it Tuesday - Floating Watercolor Reinkers

I am teaching a watercolor class on Saturday, so I have been researching lots of different types of watercolor techniques.
I came across this one, that I am not teaching in class. So I am trying it out here for you.
Here are the products I used (I also used Old Olive ink and the Secret Garden stamp set).
I started with some glossy paper and embossed the flowers in white embossing powder.
It is hard to see, but here is what they look like after being embossed.

Next I took my aqua painter and put water in each section of the flower.
 
I then took the tip of my aqua painter and dipped into drops of reinker and touched the water bubbles on the paper.
I used all three colors to fill in the whole area. Then pressed a clean paper towel into to remove the excess water.
I then cut them out and created the card.
I used a scrap of Calypso Coral and Crumb Cake. I stamped the stems and leaves from the Secret Garden stamp set.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.
Stamp Happy!!
Annie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment